Executive leadership experience with a proven track record of success, Cher has a 15+ year non-profit career of making good non-profits great. She’s a master of long-term vision, decision-making and dedicated leadership. Cher is a master of growing organizations through increasing audience, public image and internal efficiencies.
Cher has recently transitioned from a Donor Fund Administrator to the Community Programs Officer at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
Before that, she has been the Executive Director of the Mental Health Association of Central Oklahoma and the Harn Homestead Museum. When Cher took the Harn Homestead position, she was recognized as one of the youngest Executive Directors in the state (Source: Daily Oklahoman).
- Doubling (even tripling) income, program attendance and public awareness.
- Problem solving staffing and board management to make any organization successful.
- Public speaking, grant writing, lobbying and marketing/PR with specific non-profit expertise.
- Event planning and execution for fundraising and spreading awareness about worthwhile organizations and issues.
Current Member Of:
- Oklahoma County Systems of Care Executive Committee
- Coalition of Advocates
Past Board Member:
- Governor’s Transformation Advisory Board
- United Way of Central Oklahoma – Agency Directors Association
- Oklahoma City Orchestra League
- Oklahoma State University/Oklahoma City’s Applied Technology Department
- Oklahoma Museums Association
- Oklahoma Center for Non-profits Client Services Committee
- Hoopla Fundraiser Event for the Parkinson Foundation
- Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition’s 12×12 event
- Oklahoma Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- Individual Artists of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Media Network
- Oklahoma Chapter of the American Women in Radio and Television (AWRT)
Past Fundraising Committee Member:
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s Omelette Party
- Untitled ArtSpace Friday Night Faction Committee
- Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition’s Open Studio Tour
Past Fundraising Co-Chair:
- IAO Not So Silent Night
- Oklahoma City Philharmonic Music-Grams
Cher’s Awards and Honors include:
- Westmoore High School – 2009 Alumni Hall of Honor
- OKC Business – 2006 Top 40 Under 40 Leaders
- Journal Record – 2005 Achiever’s Under 40 Class
- Oklahoma Media Network – Rising Star Award
- Oklahoma City Ad Club – 2010 Addy Bronze Award Best Card/Invitation: Fondue Fandango
- Oklahoma City Ad Club – 2009 Addy Bronze Award Best Card/Invitation: Fondue Fandango
- Frontier Country Marketing Association – 2009 Outstanding Food Festival: Fondue Fandango
- Oklahoma State Department of Tourism – 2006 Red Bud Award: Harn Homestead Brochure
- Oklahoma Museum Association – 2006 Best Promotional Piece: Harn Homestead Brochure
- Oklahoma Museum Association – 2006 Best Newsletter: Harn Homestead Bimonthly Newsletter
- Oklahoma City Ad Club – 2005 Addy Gold Award: Allied Arts Annual Report